A Resource Guide by NADRA.org
We have written and re-written a number of letters to address how COVID-19 is affecting our industry. And the next day things change so drastically, we scratch that letter and start again. Perhaps you’ve found yourself doing the same thing in your business!
So here we are.
It’s March 26, 2020. Grocery stores are ransacked. Toilet paper is being rationed by armed guards inside your local Walmart. Schools are empty. Churches forced to close their doors. Sports are cancelled, and parks are closed. Just 3 weeks ago we were sitting on our deck here at NADRA HQ planning an official education and training tour. First stop had been Minnesota. A lot can change in 3 weeks.
For some, fear is brewing as this pandemic continues to change everything about the way we live day to day life. For others, it may be frustration or even anger at how something is, or isn’t being handled locally.
How will you choose to react to these changes?
Will you ignore the shut downs, but keep a safe distance from your crew and home owners and continue to build? How will you handle permits and approvals? Are you a lumber yard offering online ordering, or curbside service…or maybe restricting deliveries? Maybe you don’t have a choice and you have to put your business on hold.
Try to remain positive:
Ask yourself this: What is everyone doing at home? Families are cleaning and purging out their closets and garages. They are spending time together. There’s an opportunity to learn, grow, and use this forced stop, as a chance to become better in some areas. They are worried, but they are also making the best of a bad situation.
What is the best part of this industry? We’ll tell you. Hands down, the best part about our industry is that we provide a space for families to spend time together. A place to play outside. To share a meal and a beer, play a game, jump in the pool, or light a fire on a cool night.
The best thing you can do right now is to build on the momentum of spending time together. Remind your fans, past clients and customers that this time we are spending together shouldn’t go away in 30 days, 60 days, 90 days…. Schedule conference calls or virtual meetings. Have your client FaceTime/Zoom/Skype while you take measurements outside of their house.
Many are keeping a distance, while embracing togetherness. Focus on that!
What you can you lean on NADRA for?
We are working on partnering with a couple programs we feel will help make a difference in the way we all do business. Programs to assist you with virtual meetings. One-on-one and group settings. We are also looking into a tried and true credit program for you to offer to your customers, which may be helpful for clients who perhaps overspent on TP…or who may have missed a few paychecks, but still want to take advantage of this season’s construction schedule. This is a program that we trust and have even used ourselves. More details are forthcoming.
We’ve compiled an extensive list of links and resources that are worth reviewing. Perhaps there will be an idea that you can use to either minimize the negative impact for your business- or help you grow as we move through these challenging times. If you have information you feel we should include in this resource guide, please send links to Info@NADRA.org.
Above all, please remember that we’re here for you! If we can help in any way…please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are your industry’s association. We are also real people, who love and value you, and want to do anything we can to help you survive, and then thrive!
List Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Industry – Related Updates from our members, partners and friends: (all in one place, updated regularly):
- These LBM Leaders Urge You to Take Steps Now to Blunt COVID-19’s Economic Impact
- DOL announces first guidance on paid leave
- COVID-19 Update from ASHI’s Executive Director – Part 1
- COVID-19 Update from ASHI’s Executive Director – Part 2
- COVID-19 and Home Inspections
- NAHB Encourages Members to Donate Masks
- NRLA adds to ‘essential service’ states for LBM dealers
- COVID-19: Association resources and more
- A Contractor’s Guide for Protection During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Guidance from OSHA regarding COVID-19
- How to Help Builders Stay on the Job
- WEBINAR ALERT: How Building Product Manufacturers Can Navigate A Global Crisis
- WEBINAR ALERT: COVID-19 and Construction: Current overview, outlook and the long-run implications
- WEBINAR ALERT (replay): COVID-19 vs Your Cashflow and A/R
- HOW COVID-19 COULD IMPACT THE REAL ESTATE MARKET
- Early Data Point to U.S. Housing Slowdown in Coming Weeks
- Here’s what’s included in the historic $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- Free Tools, Resources, and Financial Help for Business Owners Hit by Covid-19
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- List Of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Small Business Relief Programs
- Strapped for Cash? 2 SBA Loans You’ll Want to Look Into Right Now
- 13 Ways Businesses Can Use SEO & Marketing to Combat Coronavirus Impact
Mr. Rogers’ Mom had the right idea; “look for the helpers”:
- 50 Ways Companies Are Giving Back During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Here’s how we are going to get through this together
- Truckers said we will drive days on end getting supplies to the stores.
- Store workers and managers said we will stock shelves all night and open early to let the elderly shop first.
- Carnival cruise said they could be used for hospitals.
- GM & Tesla said they could make ventilators–and changed their assembly lines to make it happen.
- Restaurants said we have kitchens and staff we can feed kids who’s parents need some extra help.
- Construction companies said give our masks to the hospitals!
- Breweries said we’ll start manufacturing sanitizer.
- NBA players said they will write checks to pay the arena staff.
- And we’re sure every one of you has something you can add here that you’re doing personally!
- Can You Have Sex With COVID-19 Coronavirus Spreading? Here Is How