We had a great turn out last night at The Ivy in Buckhead Georgia. As the crowd of 40 plus people shuffled in we had some time for to socialize and gather our food and beverages. The meeting started at 6:15 and it was so nice to see our members as well and a few new faces!
We started by going over the Anti-trust Statement. Ginny Tibbets then went over the minutes and we got down to business with the evening sponsor Weyerhaeuser. Mark Barbour talked briefly about his company and then talked about a new product Resysta that they have had some great success with. Jan Spittleburg from JSphotoFX was our guest speaker; Jan gave our members a great schooling on photography.
We quickly went over chapter business, and then the night took a different turn form our usual meeting. Mike Reasons our Atlanta Vice President and I participated in NADRA’s first Deck for a Soldier Ice Bucket Challenge. I challenged Kirk Hammond, Mike Beaudry, and Bill Ross from the National Board. Mike Reasons Challenged: Kevin Waters, Heath Bowman, and David Elenbaum from our local chapter. The time is ticking and I look forward to seeing how viral this Challenge gets!
Goal of the Challenge:
Rules / Details:
- Donate $100 to NADRA, to help raise awareness for our Deck for a Soldier Program
- Video yourself participating in the D4S Ice Bucket Challenge
- Send Check to:
- NADRA Headquarters (please make check payable to “NADRA”)
- P.O. Box 829 Quakertown, PA 18951
- Online portal will be open soon to accept credit cards – stay tuned.
- You have 48 hours to complete
- Nominate (3) other people to participate in the challenge
- Use Hashtag #D4SIceBucketChallenge
- Have fun!
“NADRA, doing things for the right reason,
and having fun doing them!”
What a great night!
James Gunning, Atlanta Chapter President and Your NADRA Atlanta Board of Directors