BUILDERS. MANUFACTURERS. SALES REPRESENTATIVES. LUMBERYARDS & DEALERS. THIS IS FOR YOU.
The National+ Deck Competition has evolved over the years. As the association board of directors thought about the 9th annual Deck Competition, they reviewed the competition categories & with consideration to all membership categories, developed a few NEW project categories for members. Here is what you should know:
DEADLINE TO ENTER: SEPTEMBER 10T, 2018 11:59PM EDT
EARLY BIRD RATE: ENDS AUGUST 27, 2018 11:59PM EDT
MANUFACTURERS: Must be a current member of NADRA
Manufacturer Category: Manufacturer members of wood and alternative decking materials, railing, fasteners, lighting, accessories, etc. The manufacturer member must enter the competition, not the builder. The builder must be a current member of NADRA. Projects may include residential or commercial projects. No price limit.
Associated fees: $150 before 8/28/18 / $200 after 8/27/18
*Become a Sponsor of the 2018 National+ Deck Competition before September 1st. Learn more here
DEALERS / LUMBERYARDS: Must be a current member of NADRA
The Greatest Showroom: The Greatest Showroom is intended for lumberyards and dealers. This is an opportunity to showcase your over and under 3,000 sqft showroom displaying outdoor living products. Must include materials in the outdoor living industry, including decking or docks.
Associated fees: $100 before 8/28/18 / $150 after 8/27/18
BUILDERS / ARCHITECTS: Must be a current member of NADRA
- Wood Deck Under $25k: includes: Pressure Treated, Cedar, Redwood, Southern Pine, Ipe, Hardwoods, etc.
- Alternative Deck Under $25k: includes: includes: cap-stock, composite, PVC, plastic, aluminum, vinyl, etc
- Limitless Creation Under $25k: Any outdoor living project. Open to all materials. *If you have a spectacular project that has outstanding qualities that includes multiple categories, consider entering it into this category.
- Wood Deck $25k – $50k
- Alternative Deck $25k – $50k
- Limitless Creation $25k – $50k
- Wood Deck $50k – $100k
- Alternative Deck $50k – $100k
- Limitless Creation $50k – $100k
- Wood Deck Over $100k
- Alternative Deck Over $100k
- Limitless Creation Over $100k
- Open Porch: An open room attached to the outside of a house / building.
- Closed Porch: An enclosed room attached to the outside of a house / building.
- Dock: A structure extending alongshore or out from the shore into a body of water. Unique Feature: includes: fire pit, fireplace, pergola, pavilion, freestanding structure, underdecking, outdoor kitchen / bar, water feature, outdoor shower, etc.
- Illumination: Projects that show the use of outdoor illumination of private gardens and public landscapes; for the enhancement and purposes of safety, nighttime aesthetics, accessibility, security, recreation and more.
- Commercial Outdoor Living Project, to include a deck: Must be a commercial address such as a restaurant, boardwalk, Doctor’s Office, etc. * For builders only, not a category for Manufacturers.
- Refurbished / Refinished Deck: Most of the existing framing, and the basic layout must be retained Staining of existing boards or new decking Before photo must be included as one of the photos uploaded
Associated fees: $75 before 8/28/18 / $125 after 8/27/18
NEW FOR 2018 – PROJECT PARTNERS:
- The idea behind this new category is to build camaraderie & support between all levels in the industry. If the “partners” agree to enter the project with you, they will pay their entry fee separately, and if it’s a winning project, during the awards ceremony – the entire team can walk up and each receive an award and recognition alongside you.
- A partner is defined as any NADRA member that was instrumental in a project entered into the 2018 National Deck Competition.
- A partner may be:
- A Manufacturer of: lighting, screws, framing, railing, footings, decking, underdecking, etc.
- Sales Representative
- Dealer, Lumberyard
- Architect / Builder / Designer
- Upon entering the competition, a partner will select the “Partner Registration” category.
- The Builder must enter the National Deck Competition and provide partners with their “Project Name”.
- Upon entering the competition, a partner will include the “Project Name” that they are associated with. The entrant will be responsible for providing partners with their project name. This is a critical component of your entry. This is how NADRA HQ will identify your team.
- If the project wins a national award, the partners who entered alongside the entrant may walk up to receive their award and recognition during the awards dinner.
- All official partners will be recognized in NADRA news, blog, website, social media and various industry print and digital publications.
Become a Sponsor of the 2018 National+ Deck Competition before September 1st. Learn more here
To learn more about the competition, please download the Official Handbook