Executive Vice President
Email address: Info@NADRA.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NADRA Provides Deck Safety Marketing Resources to Help the Industry Boost Business this Spring
In honor of Deck Safety Month ® , the North American Decking and Railing Association reminds professionals to take advantage of exclusive safety resources along with press release templates, graphics, ads, social media content, flyers, and more.
Quakertown, PA (April 28th, 2017) – The United States is home to roughly 40 million residential decks, and of those it’s estimated that half are more 25 years old. This means big business opportunities for deck builders, remodelers, inspectors and contractors to promote deck inspections, ensuring homeowner safety while simultaneously building their own brand. The North American Decking and Railing Association (NADRA) offers industry professionals and inspectors a breadth of resources, including a comprehensive toolkit, marketing materials, and inspection checklists.
“May is Deck Safety Month ® -along with prime outdoor living season-and that presents a perfect chance for savvy pros to market their business,” says NADRA executive vice president Michael Beaudry. “NADRA has created an array of tools to help you take advantage of this marketing opportunity. Whatever you do-even if it means simply rechecking your own deck-be sure to pay special attention to deck safety”
NADRA offers the following resources for building professionals to leverage during Deck Safety Month and throughout the year, including:
Deck Safety Toolkit. This NADRA-member benefits include:
- Deck Safety Month® Logo
- Check Your Deck ® Logo
- 2017 Deck Safety Ambassador Logo (for official ambassadors only) learn more here about the ambassador program
- 10-point consumer checklist
- Link to online deck inspection form
- Social media content for your use
- Customizable press release templates
- Customizable flyer all about deck safety
- Customizable social media, infographics, and web graphics
- Tips and guidelines to make the most out of Deck Safety Month ®
- Deck Evaluation Form: A step-by-step guide to evaluating the integrity of the deck structure, stairs, surface, and railings. A downloadable form and online form (BETA) are available to members and non-members.
- Certified inspector program: NADRA has partnered with the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) to create the NADRA Deck Inspection Certification Course, an ASHI-approved continuing education program. Having certification can not only improve a contractor’s skill-set, but make them more marketable to consumers. (Next class is happening in Atlanta, GA – check it out here)
- Deck Safety Ambassadors: Help spread the word about deck safety by becoming a Deck Safety Ambassador. Sponsors gain access to an exclusive Ambassador logo and marketing benefits to further promote their businesses.
- Homeowner resources: Builders can download the 10-Point Deck Safety Consumer Checklist to pass along to customers. Though not a replacement for a professional deck inspection, the checklist can assist homeowners and provide reference during other times of the year.
“Communicating safe decking standards remains a top priority for NADRA,” Beaudry says. “We continue to focus our efforts on educating both pros and consumers on proper deck installation practices as well as on consistent deck inspections. At the same time, we know that deck safety offers professionals in the industry a great opportunity to market their business, so we’ve provided all of the tools to help them do just that.”
Visit www.NADRA.org to access all of NDRA’s Deck Safety Month resources for industry professionals. *You must be a current NADRA member to access the “toolkit”. Join NADRA today.
The North American Decking and Railing Association is the voice of the decking industry, representing the interests of deck builders, inspectors, and manufacturers alike. NADRA’s mission is to provide a unified source for the professional development, promotion, growth, and sustenance of the deck and railing building industry in North America so that members can exceed the expectations of their customers. www.NADRA.org
© Copyright 2017 North American Deck and Railing Association. All rights reserved.