March is here, and that means we’re entering “Home Show Season”. It’s the end of the winter, the early customers are calling and inquiring. Now is our last chance to button-up any policies, procedures, and give our companies one last “spring cleaning” before the rush!
A few questions to ask yourself:
- Is there any last-minute education to wrap up?
- Are all of our vendor agreements in place?
- Are your trucks and trailers lettered and in good shape?
- Are you displaying the NADRA logo and pledge on your marketing materials? (stand out from the competition!)
- Are your business cards printed with updated industry certifications and social media information?
- Do you have marketing pieces ready?
- Jobsite signs in good shape?
- Crew T-shirts and hats stocked?
- Do you have a good camera for your before and after pictures? Or is this the year to consider adding a drone?
- How is the website, email signature, and voicemail greetings?
If you don’t have these things ready, you have time, but that time is now! Go get it done. You’ll feel better prepared, and at the end of the day, you’ll know you did everything you could to be ready for the season.If you’re wondering where to get the best job-site signs, or you’re not sure where to order your T-shirts, don’t forget to reach out to your fellow NADRA members to ask. That’s what we are here for! Ask away. Use NADRA’s social media platforms to ask questions, hop on LinkedIn to start a discussion, Tweet! Use whatever platform makes it easy for you to ask your question. It’s human nature to want to help. Someone will answer you. Use your NADRA network to better your business. We are here for you.
Your NADRA Board of Directors, and Home Office staff are here to help. Feel free to call or email any of us, if we can assist in any way.
Your NADRA Board of Directors
10 Content Marketing Ideas That Will Get The Creative Juices Flowing:
By: Heather A. Marchand
Your marketing department, whether it be a team of 10 or an army of one, recognize the importance of content marketing, but you don’t know what to blog or write about.
Here are 10 tips to help you get started:
- Find a way to connect on a personal level. What season is it? What holiday is coming up?
- Go to an industry event. Take videos and pictures. Write about it.
- Are you involved with a charity program? If so, talk about. If not, get involved.
- Animals, children, and health & wellness are the most shared and talked aboutcauses on social media (Source: Waggener Edstrom)
- Say something funny. “If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.” Robert Frost
- Customer testimonials! Customer testimonials and case studies are considered themost effective content marketing tactics, identified by 89%, respectively,of B2B marketers. (2013 B2B Content Marketing Trends Report)
- Assign one employee to SlideShare and figure out how to leverage this tool as part of your content marketing.
- Add a few employees (not involved in your marketing department) each week to your content marketing plan
- Videos! Posts with videos attract 3x more inbound links than plain text posts.(SEOmoz)
- Sit down with your sales team and ask each one of them what your customers biggest complaint is. Write about it.
Say something different. Don’t say what everyone else is saying. Talk about Llamas, sewing, your kids, or your customers kids, vacation (ok, maybe not sewing) but say something people will want to share, and most importantly, have fun with it & be yourself. This is about connecting & giving your readers and fans a chance to feel like they know you. Be passionate, be inspirational, be yourself & have fun!