FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michael Beaudry
In honor of Deck Safety Month®, the North American Decking and Railing Association reminds professionals to take advantage of exclusive deck safety marketing resources along with press release templates, graphics, ads, social media content, flyers, and more.
Quakertown, PA – “With more than 50 million decks in the U.S., it is estimated that 25 million decks are past their useful life and need to be replaced or repaired.” Says Michael Beaudry, executive vice president of NADRA. This means big business opportunities for deck builders, remodelers, inspectors and contractors to promote deck inspections, ensuring homeowner safety while simultaneously building their own brand.
The North American Decking and Railing Association (NADRA) offers industry professionals and inspectors a breadth of resources, including a comprehensive toolkit, marketing materials, and inspection checklists.
“May is Deck Safety Month®-along with prime outdoor living season-and that presents a perfect chance for savvy pros to market their business,” says Beaudry.
The non-profit trade association offers the following resources for building professionals to leverage during Deck Safety Month® and throughout the year, including:
- The 2018 official deck safety toolkit. This NADRA-member benefit includes:
- Deck Safety Month® Logo
- Check Your Deck® Logo
- 2018 Deck Safety Ambassador Logo (for official ambassadors only) learn more here about the ambassador program
- 10-point consumer checklist
- Link to online deck inspection form
- Social media content for your use
- Customizable press release templates
- Customizable flyer all about deck safety
- Customizable social media, infographics, and web graphics
- Tips and guidelines to make the most out of Deck Safety Month®
- Deck Evaluation Form: A step-by-step guide to evaluating the integrity of the deck structure, stairs, surface, and railings. A downloadable form and online form (BETA) are available to members and non-members.
- Certified inspector program: NADRA is working diligently with ASHI, The American Society of Home Inspectors, as well as, AIBD, The American Institute of Building Design. The associations are working towards educating and certifying thousands of industry professionals to meet the need for inspecting the millions of decks that are past their useful life. Classes are available for scheduling.
- Deck Safety Ambassadors: Help spread the word about deck safety by becoming a Deck Safety Ambassador. Sponsors gain access to an exclusive Ambassador logo and marketing benefits to further promote their businesses.
- Homeowner resources: Builders can download the 10-Point Deck Safety Consumer Checklist to pass along to customers. Though not a replacement for a professional deck inspection, the checklist can assist homeowners and provide reference during other times of the year.
“Communicating safe decking standards remains a top priority for NADRA,” Beaudry says. “We continue to focus our efforts on educating both pros and consumers on proper deck installation practices as well as on consistent deck inspections. At the same time, we know that deck safety offers professionals in the industry a great opportunity to market their business, so we’ve provided all of the tools to help them do just that.”
The North American Decking and Railing Association is the voice of the decking industry, representing the interests of deck builders, inspectors, manufacturers, dealers/distributors, lumberyards, wholesalers, retailers, and service providers alike. NADRA’s mission is to provide a unified source for the professional development, promotion, growth, and sustenance of the deck and railing building industry in North America so that members can exceed the expectations of their customers. Visit www.NADRA.org to access all of NADRA’s Deck Safety Month® resources.
© Copyright 2018 North American Deck and Railing Association. All rights reserved.