There are THREE new vendor categories this year in NADRA’s National Deck Competition. Each year we receive phone calls at NADRA Headquarters from manufacturers asking about which categories they can enter. Our answer each year has been “Sorry, the competition is only for builder members, maybe we can add it in the future.” Well, that time is upon us. We would like to encourage all vendor members to take a look at the three new categories below and enter the competition this year.
New Vendor Categories:
Vendor Wood Deck Project
Vendor Wood Project Category Rules: For Distributor, Retailer or Manufacturer members of Wood Decking: Pressure Treated, Cedar, Redwood, Southern Pine, Ipe, Hardwoods, etc… The vendor member must enter the competition, not the builder. Projects may include residential or commercial projects. No price limit.
Vendor Alternative Deck Project
Vendor Alternative Project Category Rules: For Distributor, Retailer or Manufacturer members of Alternative Decking: Cap-Stock, Composite, PVC, Plastic, Aluminum, Vinyl, etc. The vendor member must enter the competition, not the builder. Projects may include residential or commercial projects. No price limit.
Vendor Accessory Project
Vendor Accessory Project Category Rules: For Distributor, Retailer or Manufacturer members of Outdoor Living Accessories: Railing, Lighting, Screws, Outdoor Furniture products, etc can enter their best photos. Category Rules: The vendor member must enter the competition, not the builder. Projects may include residential or commercial projects. No price limit.
There are ruled governing the deck competition. Here they are:
- You must be a NADRA member to continue. If you are not a member, you may enter the competition and join NADRA during the online registration process. You will see this option at the onset of entering. You may also call us and we will expedite the membership process for you. Direct: 215.679.4884
- Decks must have been completed in 2013 and 2014
- All submitted photos become property of NADRA and may be used in future promotions, website, marketing, etc
- Image file names and actual photos cannot include your name or business name. NADRA HQ cannot rename for you. Images that are uploaded with your name or name of business will be disqualified.
- Image file size cannot exceed 10MB
- Image file must be a jpg
- Please review Disclaimer / Terms & Conditions page. By continuing on with the submittal process you have agreed to these terms and conditions
- There is a $25.00 fee per entry
- Each category must receive a minimum of 3 projects from different companies entered in total. If a category does not receive 3 entries, the category will be removed from this year’s competition and you will be refunded your entry fee for that category.
- All projects submitted must be residential, with exception to the one commercial deck category and the category for vendors
- Projects previously submitted in the National 2013 Deck Competition do not qualify
- Projects previously submitted in the local New Jersey Deck Competition are permitted
- Deadline to enter: Thursday, October 5th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. There will be no extensions.
- The online registration system WILL time out after 60 minutes. Time-outs are easy to avoid. Follow the tips on the registration page to see how to avoid time-outs. *Time-outs, legally, must be used on any system requiring online payments.