NADRA Member Spotlight.
January 2017 Member Spotlight: Robert Lascelle, MyDeck.com
NADRA launched a member spotlight award for 2017. We are excited to showcase our first winner of 2017, Robert Lascelle from MyDeck.com.
Member Name: Robert Lascelle
Member Category: Deck Builder
Location: Flemington, New Jersey
What inspired you to join NADRA? Lainie chased me down for a long time and finally beat me down until I had to attend a meeting. So glad she did! NADRA has helped my business grow and I have lifelong friends within the organization.
What was the first thing you ever built? It Was a deck of course, it was a pressure-treated deck in Pittstown, New Jerse y.
How do you define success? I define success in business as the joy you feel from your work and also the joy you feel from your clients after a project is complete.
What advice would you like to share with fellow members that you have learned in your career?
Work on your business and not in it.
If you could ask your fellow industry professionals one question, what might it be?
What single action have you done that has brought you the most success?
What would you do for a career if you weren’t doing this?
I would be a Sandyhook Harbor Pilot. I would have been one if I had not started my business at such an early age.
Tell us anything! Talk about your family, pets, travel, hobbies… I have an incredibly beautiful wife that has many skill sets including being a wonderful mother to my daughter Brooklyn and my stepson Cory. Brooklyn is 10 years old and enjoys gymnastics and animals. Cory just turned 18 and is heading into the Marines July 10, 2017.
My wife is a heavy equipment operator as her main job, she also performs autopsies at Hunterdon Medical Center. Lastly, she became a Hunterdon County death investigator last year. I spend most of my time running my business and trying to be as good of a dad as I can to my children. I love being on the water and have two Jetski’s and purchased the boat of my dreams last year. I plan on taking the entire month of July off this summer to spend a lot of quality time on it with my family.
*A Member Spotlight winner will be chosen each month. For a chance to win, please fill out the questionnaire found here.
The NADRA NJ Chapter celebrated their annual Deck Competition on Thursday, June 4th, 2015. What a great night with friends and colleagues of all levels of the value chain in the deck and railing industry.
A special thank you to our 2015 NADRA NJ Deck Competition judges. This is a daunting task of scoring over 200 images in this years competition. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your time and dedication to the deck awards!
- Katy Tomasulo – C Squared Advertising, Content Development Manager
- Andy Engel – Fine Homebuilding Magazine, Senior Editor
- Shawn Miller – NADRA Past President – Classic Designs, Inc.
A very special thank you to NADRA New Jersey’s Secretary, Judy Verblaauw for putting in countless hours to this years awards ceremony. You were the driving force behind this years big event. Great job, and thank you for everything you do for the NJ chapter of NADRA!
And now… for the winners of the 2015 NADRA NJ Deck Competition: (View all winners HERE)
- Illumination: Joe Kalnas– Somerville Aluminum
- Unique Feature: Gustavo de la Cruz – Barrett Outdoors Deck and Patio Design Center
- Limitless Creation: Bill Lecorchick, Legends Home Improvement, LLC
- Alternative Deck Under $20k: Robert Lascelle, My Deck, LLC
- Porch Over $26k: Sean McAleer – Deck Remodelers.com, LLC
- Alternative Deck $21k – $50k: Robert Lascelle, My Deck, LLC
- Alternative Deck Over $51k: Gustavo de la Cruz – Barrett Outdoors Deck and Patio Design Center
- People’s Choice Award – 2nd Place: Bill Lecorchick, Legends Home Improvement, LLC
- People’s Choice Award – 1st Place: Gary Daley, America’s Deck Builder
- 2015 Best Deck – 2nd place: Gary Daley, America’s Deck Builder
- 2015 Best Deck – 1st place Winner: Robert Lascelle, My Deck, LLC
If you would like to view the complete album of all deck competition entries, you can do so by clicking HERE
Thank you, Sponsors!
The New Jersey Chapter of NADRA has created a fun program for their members. At each meeting, members put their names in a hat and one lucky winner is chosen to be marketed via social media. But not just that; the winning member is also highlighted here on NADRA’s blog AND in the industry weekly news brief! NADRA’s National Facebook page also promotes the spotlight winner.
We are excited to spotlight this months winner: Robert Lascelle, professional deck builder and owner of My Deck.com.
We wanted to learn a little more about Robert. Here is what he told us:
- How long have you been a member of NADRA? 6 years
- When did you first get involved with this industry? I started my business in March of 1986
- What was your first job? I worked on the Clinton Township road department while I was going to college in the evenings.
- What was the first thing you ever built? I built a really cool Lego house that took me months to build. It was pretty large and one of the best features was the deck that wrapped around it.
- Tell us a little about your family. I have a beautiful wife Lisa and two children Cory 15 and Brooklyn 8. My wife is an operating engineer for local 825. Cory will be a sophomore at Central high school and enjoys playing football. Brooklyn will be entering third grade at Franklin Township School. She also enjoys playing football and loves arts and crafts and has recently taken up sewing.
- What is your favorite hobby? I enjoy being on the water boating. I grew up in the summers on the water and have always owned a boat.
Hello NADRA NJ Chapter Builder, Supplier and Manufacturer Members,
With the thoughts of this past Memorial Day still fresh in our minds, and what it stands for, the NJ D4S Committee would like to call our chapter to action for the 2013 Deck For a Soldier project slated for early this fall , with a ribbon cutting scheduled for Veterans Day, 11,11,13. We are asking for volunteers of skilled workers from our Builder members, and just as importantly, donations of materials from our Supplier and Manufacturer Members. This is a great opportunity for everyone involved to say thank you to our Armed forces who keep our country safe day in and day out, and who put our freedom above their own safety.
The local soldier is Sean O’Connor from Brick, NJ. He served 20 years in the Marines and Army National Guard. He did 3 combat tours and is now retired. He was in Desert Storm and retired as a Sergeant First Class with many metals of honor. He was also an instructor at Fort Dix.
YOU MUST BR A CURRENT NADRA MEMBER TO DONATE OR PARTICIPATE.
Headquarters will then pass the information on to the D4S committee.
A very deserving Thank You needs to be said to our Committee Chair Gustavo delaCruz of Barrett Outdoors and Robert Lascelle of My Deck, for their many hours of time already spent getting this project up and running for our chapter!!
Gustavo delaCruz – Chair Person